Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Citizenship

Hi.
    i am trying to get in touch with the Home Office. My British Citizenship application has been approved , my local authority has emailed me to arrange a ceremony but I need the invitation from the HO to do this. I had it confirmed by my local authority this morning that I should have received it from HO probably electronically in June 2021! I have checked my inbox, junk… nothing! Is there a number for the home office that you would recommend as I have tried a few to no avail.
    Not sure if this should have been a new topic!
    Thank you

Originally posted by Mhuch View Post
    Hi.
    i am trying to get in touch with the Home Office. My British Citizenship application has been approved , my local authority has emailed me to arrange a ceremony but I need the invitation from the HO to do this. I had it confirmed by my local authority this morning that I should have received it from HO probably electronically in June 2021! I have checked my inbox, junk… nothing! Is there a number for the home office that you would recommend as I have tried a few to no avail.
    Thank you
    Hello again,

I've moved this to our ceremonies waiting lounge, where all ceremony issues are discussed, I'm not sure there are any phone numbers, only email addresses as provided on your other thread, unless some of our members know better.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi.
        Thank you
        The local authority can book the ceremony as soon as they receive your naturalisation certificate, strictly speaking, they do not need that letter. So, If I were you, I would contact the local authority to check that the certificate has arrived and then ask them to book the ceremony.

We have seen this happening again and again with members of our forum, where the letter of invitation to book the ceremony never arrived at its destination, lost in the junk folder or in the mail. So I believe this is in the hand of the officer you speak to at the local authority, some are more flexible and understanding than others. Again, if they receive your naturalisation certificate they have a duty to book you in for a ceremony, with or without a letter of invitation from the Home Office.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

The local authority can book the ceremony as soon as they receive your naturalisation certificate, strictly speaking, they do not need that letter. So, If I were you, I would contact the local authority to check that the certificate has arrived and then ask them to book the ceremony.

We have seen this happening again and again with members of our forum, where the letter of invitation to book the ceremony never arrived at its destination, lost in the junk folder or in the mail. So I believe this is in the hand of the officer you speak to at the local authority, some are more flexible and understanding than others. Again, if they receive your naturalisation certificate they have a duty to book you in for a ceremony, with or without a letter of invitation from the Home Office.
          Morning,

This has been other members' experiences, despite being told to have the letter from the Home Office with them, which they never received, they had their ceremonies. So far, I've not seen anoyone turned away from their booked ceremony over that.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi
            I have spent hours on phone and emails this week in order to sort out my invitation letter from the Home Office which hasn’t arrived. I know my citizenship was approved in June 21 ( application February 21) because my local authority say they received all the paperwork from HO in June. Checked everything, even junk mail and still nothing in September!! My local authority ( Cheshire west and Chester) want me to show them the letter when I attend the virtual ceremony. I obviously can’t do this!! I’m going round in circles as the home office stay silent with both my emails and phone calls! What shall I do?
            im at the end of my tether with all this!

Comment

Hi
              I have spent hours on phone and emails this week in order to sort out my invitation letter from the Home Office which hasn’t arrived. I know my citizenship was approved in June 21 ( application February 21) because my local authority say they received all the paperwork from HO in June. Checked everything, even junk mail and still nothing in September!! My local authority ( Cheshire west and Chester) want me to show them the letter when I attend the virtual ceremony. I obviously can’t do this!! I’m going round in circles as the home office stay silent with both my emails and phone calls! What shall I do?
              im at the end of my tether with all this!
              Afternoon,

I've moved your post to your previous thread where we have all the background info. From what I have seen other members report, those who had similar issues were able to have their ceremonies despite the lack of this letter, since the council would have received the naturalisation certificate.

Comment

I am glad it was all sorted at the end - and this proves what I always say in these cases - the council/registrars do not need the invitation letter from the Home Office to proceed to book a ceremony - they have a naturalisation certificate in their hands which is more than sufficient to make a ceremony booking. Citizenship ceremony without invitation letter of the Home Office. - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                X