Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online


Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

Waiting for Citizenship Ceremony

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waiting for Citizenship Ceremony

    Hello All,

    Thank you to everyone that helped me through my previous queries about UKVCAS. I have just received the good news that my UK Citizenship application had been approved. On the email, they asked me to contact my local council to book a ceremony.

    I called up my council last week and the lady I spoke to have given me a date for my ceremony. She told me that they will send me an email to me regarding the ceremony. a week before the ceremony. My question is - if i didn't hear or receive any email from them a week before the ceremony, can i go to the ceremony on the date or should i ring them before i attend the ceremony?

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Originally posted by lukumalan View Post
    Hello All,

    Thank you to everyone that helped me through my previous queries about UKVCAS. I have just received the good news that my UK Citizenship application had been approved. On the email, they asked me to contact my local council to book a ceremony.
    Hello again,

    I'm very pleased to hear this, I have also copied this post to your old thread, now moved to our successes area: UKVCAS Scanning - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

    Originally posted by lukumalan View Post
    I called up my council last week and the lady I spoke to have given me a date for my ceremony. She told me that they will send me an email to me regarding the ceremony. a week before the ceremony. My question is - if i didn't hear or receive any email from them a week before the ceremony, can i go to the ceremony on the date or should i ring them before i attend the ceremony?

    Thanks in advance.
    I should think it would be better to make sure that they have, in fact, arranged the ceremony and get confirmation from them before turning up.

    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello all,

      I just had my Citizenship Ceremony yesterday. All went well and I was happy to get my certificate.

      I do have a question here if someone could help me out. I had my ILR on 2009. I was not given any BRP card and i didnt apply for one since 2009. The only thing that i got was a stamp on my old passport with the Resident Permit on it. On the letter/ email from the home office, it stated that i need to return the BRP card to them after the ceremony. Since i dont have a BRP card, do i need to send my passport with the Resident Permit stamp to them?

      Thank you in advance

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lukumalan View Post
        Hello all,

        I just had my Citizenship Ceremony yesterday. All went well and I was happy to get my certificate.

        I do have a question here if someone could help me out. I had my ILR on 2009. I was not given any BRP card and i didnt apply for one since 2009. The only thing that i got was a stamp on my old passport with the Resident Permit on it. On the letter/ email from the home office, it stated that i need to return the BRP card to them after the ceremony. Since i dont have a BRP card, do i need to send my passport with the Resident Permit stamp to them?

        Thank you in advance
        Morning,

        I've moved your post to your previous thread to keep it together.

        This is generic wording that only applies to those who do have a BRP. if you didn't have one, you don't need to return anything, certainly not an old passport with an ILR stamp on it. You can ignore that if you haven't got a pink card like this one:

        Click image for larger version  Name:	BRP.png Views:	1 Size:	594.6 KB ID:	76307

        I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi. I was never given any BRP or the pink card above. All i have was a stamp in my passport entitled Resident permit with my photo on it.

          Thx

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lukumalan View Post
            Hi. I was never given any BRP or the pink card above. All i have was a stamp in my passport entitled Resident permit with my photo on it.

            Thx
            The pink card above is a BRP, and the only document that would need to be returned after the ceremony.

            I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

              The pink card above is a BRP, and the only document that would need to be returned after the ceremony.
              Thank You for the clarification.

              Comment

              Working...
              X