Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle Status & Citizenship Queries

Good Morning All,

I have a quick question, I came to the UK in 2016 and I have been working ever since, Initially down south near London and currently in North Yorkshire. At the moment of relocating i did some job searching in the north, I was around a week unemployed whilst looking for a job, I was wondering whether this would be an inconvenience regarding CSI Insurance as I have never had one of those. I have my EIHC but it was issued by the UK so It could not be used as proof of me being covered for those few days in 2018. Immediately after that week I got my new job and I have been working ever since.

Is there a limit of days that they allow not being working and not hosting CSI Insurance? It was a period for job searching and I found a new job after a week. I have been researching and I am a bit concerned that my application might be denied for this reason once I apply and the fee is quite High. I would not want to risk loosing the money.

Also, I have read that for the application is required to provide dates for coming in and out of the UK. how important is to give these dates accurately? I don't believe I have all the emails from the airlines to provide those dates although I am trying my best to put a list together.

If you would be so kind to give me a hand with those two queries that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

Originally posted by jvs8912 View Post
    Good Morning All,

I have a quick question, I came to the UK in 2016 and I have been working ever since, Initially down south near London and currently in North Yorkshire. At the moment of relocating i did some job searching in the north, I was around a week unemployed whilst looking for a job, I was wondering whether this would be an inconvenience regarding CSI Insurance as I have never had one of those. I have my EIHC but it was issued by the UK so It could not be used as proof of me being covered for those few days in 2018. Immediately after that week I got my new job and I have been working ever since.

Is there a limit of days that they allow not being working and not hosting CSI Insurance? It was a period for job searching and I found a new job after a week. I have been researching and I am a bit concerned that my application might be denied for this reason once I apply and the fee is quite High. I would not want to risk loosing the money.
    Afternoon,

The EEA Regulations allow up to 91 days as a job seeker, this applies when you haven't yet worked in the UK. Once you start working, if you lose your job you retain worker status for at least 6 months.

CSI is only required for periods of studies or self-sufficiency, not while job hunting (either as a job seeker or worker retaining status while unemployed).

You may also want to refer to this post:

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Also, I have read that for the application is required to provide dates for coming in and out of the UK. how important is to give these dates accurately? I don't believe I have all the emails from the airlines to provide those dates although I am trying my best to put a list together.
      Accurate dates are not important and some of us have lived here for decades, so it would be impossible to provide an accurate date about something that took place a long time ago, nor is there a requirement to provide any evidence such as plane tickets.

I'd suggest looking at this post to get an idea as to what is and isn't key to the application: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

many thanks much appreciated

Comment

Good Afternoon All,

I have a couple of doubts about the citizenship application and I was wondering if you would be so kind to lend me a hand.

First of all, I would like to confirm whether I have understood the time-lines correctly or not.

I am an EU Passport holder, born in Spain and I am planning to apply for UK's citizenship by naturalization on the 9th of February 2022. I arrived to the UK on 31st of March 2016, started working on the 4th of April 2016 and have been working since then until today, I got granted Pre-Settled status on the 3rd of April 2019 and the Settled Status on the 9th of February 2021. I have only been without working 2 weeks in 2018 whilst I was changing jobs.

If I am not wrong, I would be able to apply on the 9th of February 2022 as I would have held Settled Status for a year by then. I can confirm that I was physically in the country on 9th of February 2017.

In order to prove that I was exercising Treaty rights I have kept all my Payslips, P60's and P45's since I started working back in 2016. (One of my P60's is a copy and so it says on it, I guess this will still be valid?).

I understand I would only need to prove the time before I got granted the Pre-Settled status. But I will send all the P60's just in case. Do you believe my P60's would be enough information to prove that I was exercising treaty rights? or would I need any further information? I have also kept all my tenancy agreements. but in one of them they got my surnames completely wrong and I have come to realize now. so hopefully the P60's and pay sleeps will suffice.

Another question that comes to my mind is regarding the referees, I work in an Architecture Studio and I have several colleagues that are Architects and are part of the RIBA professional body (Chartered), Would one of these colleagues be suitable as my referee of professional background?, they have known me for longer than 3 years.

I have looked for a list of "acceptable" professionals and the only one I have found does not mention architects as one of the options hence my doubt.

Apart from the above, I believe I have understood everything else correctly. I have the LITUK test on December and the Trinity English Level Test in January. I am ok with absences and have put together a list of my entries and exits to the country since I first arrive to the best of my recollection as suggested in the post of your website. Therefore if somebody would be so kind to lend me a hand and solve my queries above that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help,

Regards,
          J

Comment

Good Afternoon All,

I have a couple of doubts about the citizenship application and I was wondering if you would be so kind to lend me a hand.
            Morning,

I've moved your post to your previous thread to keep it all together.

First of all, I would like to confirm whether I have understood the time-lines correctly or not.

I am an EU Passport holder, born in Spain and I am planning to apply for UK's citizenship by naturalization on the 9th of February 2022. I arrived to the UK on 31st of March 2016, started working on the 4th of April 2016 and have been working since then until today, I got granted Pre-Settled status on the 3rd of April 2019 and the Settled Status on the 9th of February 2021. I have only been without working 2 weeks in 2018 whilst I was changing jobs.

If I am not wrong, I would be able to apply on the 9th of February 2022 as I would have held Settled Status for a year by then. I can confirm that I was physically in the country on 9th of February 2017.
            That's right, you can apply as soon as you've had settled status for 12 months.

In order to prove that I was exercising Treaty rights I have kept all my Payslips, P60's and P45's since I started working back in 2016. (One of my P60's is a copy and so it says on it, I guess this will still be valid?).
            Yes, that should be fine.

I understand I would only need to prove the time before I got granted the Pre-Settled status. But I will send all the P60's just in case. Do you believe my P60's would be enough information to prove that I was exercising treaty rights? or would I need any further information?
            The P60s should be enough, in fact, they are the Home Office's favourite piece of evidence.

Also, although you only need evidence of exercising treaty rights until you got pre-settled status, you still need evidence of UK residence for the whole period, and they can also double up as evidence of residence, so if you have them for the 5 year period, you can provide them.

I have also kept all my tenancy agreements. but in one of them they got my surnames completely wrong and I have come to realize now. so hopefully the P60's and pay sleeps will suffice.
            Tenancy agreements are not evidence of residence, as they only show when you started the tenancy, not that you lived here for any length of time, so don't bother with it.

Comment

Another question that comes to my mind is regarding the referees, I work in an Architecture Studio and I have several colleagues that are Architects and are part of the RIBA professional body (Chartered), Would one of these colleagues be suitable as my referee of professional background?, they have known me for longer than 3 years.

I have looked for a list of "acceptable" professionals and the only one I have found does not mention architects as one of the options hence my doubt.
              If you look here: Professional Referees

...you'll see:
              The Home Office has said the following in response to enquiries regarding referees:

Note the list is not an exhaustive list; therefore, an individual’s profession may not be listed as acceptable although they may fall under the category of a person of any nationality who is of professional standing or a member of a professional association. If the caseworker is not satisfied with your referee, they may request another.

Furthermore, a referee who is a professional person should have had dealings with the applicant otherwise than in a professional capacity. However, we would expect there to have been regular face-to-face contact between the applicant and his or her referees over the three-year period, such that both referees could confidently assert that the photograph submitted with the form was a true likeness of the person making the application.

Referees should also be prepared to inform us of anything known to them about the applicant that might cast doubt on his or her eligibility for British citizenship, but it is accepted that referees will not necessarily be aware of any disqualifying factor or characteristic, particularly where their dealings with the applicant were solely in a professional capacity.

The requirement to nominate suitably-qualified referees is not a statutory one, and where it presents genuine difficulty for an applicant on account of his or her lifestyle or other circumstances this should be explained in the space provided for additional information on the application form.
              So far, in 5 years, I have yet to see someone reporting that they have been asked to provide an alternative referee.

Apart from the above, I believe I have understood everything else correctly. I have the LITUK test on December and the Trinity English Level Test in January. I am ok with absences and have put together a list of my entries and exits to the country since I first arrive to the best of my recollection as suggested in the post of your website. Therefore if somebody would be so kind to lend me a hand and solve my queries above that would be greatly appreciated.
              Sounds like you will be good to go, but if you have any other queries once you actually start filling in the form, kindly post them up below.

Comment

Working...
              X