X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info required csi

Hi. I have a question regarding the csi situation I came to the UK in jan 2014 so been here almost 7 years am married to a British citizen and have settled status. On my first year in the UK I had gaps on my employment mainly due to temporary jobs was never unemployed for long but still have gaps. I was unaware I had to take insurance as I think a lot of people were. Will this cause me an issue as I have to give 10 years of employment history.

Originally posted by Pip32 View Post
    Hi. I have a question regarding the csi situation I came to the UK in jan 2014 so been here almost 7 years am married to a British citizen and have settled status. On my first year in the UK I had gaps on my employment mainly due to temporary jobs was never unemployed for long but still have gaps. I was unaware I had to take insurance as I think a lot of people were. Will this cause me an issue as I have to give 10 years of employment history.
    Morning,

I noted that you have another thread where you were asking about applying for a British passport, so I was wondering whether this relates to another application, i.e. for a family member: British passport and married name - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Would you kindly clarify?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Regarding this, you need to look here: Employment history - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where we have:

You must provide details of your employment history for the 10 years preceding the date of application. If you have been in the UK for less than 10 years, you only need to provide it for the years you have been here.

This is requested because you are expected to have paid your tax and national insurance to meet the good character requirement. The guidance suggests the evidence that may support a claim to have paid the tax and national insurance, but you don't need to submit this evidence with your application.

The Home Office will make its own checks of HMRC to make sure tax and national insurance was paid, should they decide to do so.

If you haven’t been employed all the time, you only need to list the jobs you had

You don’t need to explain what you were doing while not employed.

Gaps in employment do not affect the application. The requirement is lawful residence for the last 3 or 5 years, as noted here: Lawful residence
      Please note the text highlighted above.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

You may also want to look here: Unemployment, job seeking and gaps

...where we have:
        Gaps of exercising treaty rights of up to six months, whether in or out of the country, are fine.

This is based on the EEA Regulations: The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016

3.—(1) This regulation applies for the purpose of calculating periods of continuous residence in the United Kingdom under these Regulations.
        (2) Continuity of residence is not affected by—
        (a) periods of absence from the United Kingdom which do not exceed six months in total in any year..

If you have been job hunting during this time, this is also a way of exercising treaty rights.

Once you have worked in the UK, you retain worker status for at least six months, it can be longer, depending on the circumstances.

Comment

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

Please note that, if applying with settled status, it may also be necessary to show you were exercising treaty rights for the previous 3 or 5 years, as noted here:

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. I am looking to start doing my application this year . I asked before about maiden name as I have passport on maiden name and the rest of my documents in my married name. But I have one utility bill in maiden name to use for my tests as proof of address and as I understood from reading its fine to use both maiden name and married name on the application with relation to documents. I am aware that application will have to be on maiden name and my citizenship will be issued in maiden name.
            Will start booking my tests and gathering my documents early this year so the above guides are very helpfull thank you.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. I am looking to start doing my application this year . I asked before about maiden name as I have passport on maiden name and the rest of my documents in my married name. But I have one utility bill in maiden name to use for my tests as proof of address and as I understood from reading its fine to use both maiden name and married name on the application with relation to documents. I am aware that application will have to be on maiden name and my citizenship will be issued in maiden name.
              Will start booking my tests and gathering my documents early this year so the above guides are very helpfull thank you.
              Correct, the naturalisation certificate and the future British passport will be issued in the same name you have on your current passport. I can see from the previous post that you have already enquired about this British passport and married name - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families and it was explained by my colleague. I assume you were preparing for applying for UK citizenship and wanted to know in advance what would the circumstances of your name influence the application for a British passport. Although for the benefit of others reading this, it is not possible to apply for a British passport if you don't have already obtained UK citizenship and a naturalisation certificate.

So you are now applying for UK citizenship, am I correct?

Could you also please clarify...you mentioned that you have worked for 10 years, are the P60s in your married or maiden name?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I been in the UK for 6 years so I have 6 years of p60 but the first 2 years are in my maiden name and the other 4 in married name.
                Passport and settled status are in maiden name
                driving license and banks are in married name so is my house and all my bills except one that is in maiden name.
                my question is can I apply with the mix of married and maiden name documents?
                I am ok with citizenship being in maiden name as Portugal doenst let you drop your last name to take married name so I think you can after apply for an exemption to change passport once you have it.
                I might be mistaken.
                I just want to make sure I can do this with having documents in both names.
                On my hmrc app all is in married name now.
                sorry I am just very confused.

Thank you

Comment

I been in the UK for 6 years so I have 6 years of p60 but the first 2 years are in my maiden name and the other 4 in married name.
                  Passport and settled status are in maiden name
                  driving license and banks are in married name so is my house and all my bills except one that is in maiden name.
                  my question is can I apply with the mix of married and maiden name documents?
                  I am ok with citizenship being in maiden name as Portugal doenst let you drop your last name to take married name so I think you can after apply for an exemption to change passport once you have it.
                  I might be mistaken.
                  I just want to make sure I can do this with having documents in both names.
                  On my hmrc app all is in married name now.
                  sorry I am just very confused.

Thank you
                  Yes, absolutely you can apply with *documents/evidence in different names, as it is widely accepted in the UK that a married woman will take the husband's name. It is advisable to write a **cover letter explaining that you have used both names after you married. That's all.

* Maiden names or other names on AN application - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

** Cover letter - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello
                    i have booked my life in the uk test and am now gathering all paperwork that i need.
                    I am married to british citizen and i have settled status since april 2019. I have P60 from 2017 to 2019 but i am missing p60 for 2020 what can i use as replacement ?
                    Also very confused on what do i need to get as proof of lawfull residency as i have settle status for only 2 years and a bit and i believe i need to do the proof fofr 3 years.
                    Also do i need to provide proof of employment for 10 years ? i only been here for 7 and half years .

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello
                      i have booked my life in the uk test and am now gathering all paperwork that i need.
                      Morning,

I've moved your post to your previous thread where we have some background info regarding your situation.

I am married to british citizen and i have settled status since april 2019. I have P60 from 2017 to 2019 but i am missing p60 for 2020 what can i use as replacement ?
                      Also very confused on what do i need to get as proof of lawfull residency as i have settle status for only 2 years and a bit and i believe i need to do the proof fofr 3 years.
                      You need to show that you were lawfully resident under EU rules during the period before you got settled status, as you are married to a British citizen, your relevant period is the last 3 years. From what you say above, you were working at the time and you only had gaps in your first few years, so you can provide a P60, payslips, etc. to show you were working during the year or so before getting settled status.

Comment

Also do i need to provide proof of employment for 10 years ? i only been here for 7 and half years .
                        If you look here: Employment history - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...you'll see:
                        You must provide details of your employment history for the 10 years preceding the date of application. If you have been in the UK for less than 10 years, you only need to provide it for the years you have been here.

This is requested because you are expected to have paid your tax and national insurance to meet the good character requirement. The guidance suggests the evidence that may support a claim to have paid the tax and national insurance, but you don't need to submit this evidence with your application.

The Home Office will make its own checks of HMRC to make sure tax and national insurance was paid, should they decide to do so.

If you haven’t been employed all the time, you only need to list the jobs you had.

You don’t need to explain what you were doing while not employed.

Gaps in employment do not affect the application. The requirement is lawful residence for the last 3 or 5 years, as noted here: Lawful residence
                        Also note you only need to MENTION any employment you had in the last 10 years or since arriving in the UK if less than 10 years ago, but there's no requirement to provide evidence of employment as such, just evidence of lawful residence for the last 3 years as previously noted.

Comment

Hi. I am still a bit confused on how to do my application
                          MY test are in my maiden name and so is one of my utility bills my settled status and my passport
                          all my other documents are in my married name.
                          Can i apply for my naturalization in my maiden name as i understand i need the name to match in order to get a british passport.
                          So shall i apply in maiden name and put on other names Marries name and attach marriage certificate ? is this the correct process.
                          Also i have an enhanced DBS check done a month ago because i work in a care is this a document worth uploading as it goes to prove good character.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi. I am still a bit confused on how to do my application
                            Morning,

I've moved your post to your previous thread to keep it all together.

MY test are in my maiden name and so is one of my utility bills my settled status and my passport
                            all my other documents are in my married name.
                            Can i apply for my naturalization in my maiden name as i understand i need the name to match in order to get a british passport.
                            So shall i apply in maiden name and put on other names Marries name and attach marriage certificate ? is this the correct process.
                            We have covered this here: Documents in various names - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll see:
                            My PR card and SELT Certificate match my maiden name in my passport. I used my Driving License, which is in my married name, for the Life in the UK test. Will there be a problem if the PR/Passport/SELT do not match exactly with the name on the LITUK test certificate?

Married women in the UK can use either their maiden name or their husband's surname. If switching between the two for evidence (including language tests) you need to send the marriage certificate.

You should apply using the name on your passport. If this is different from your birth name, explain and give evidence (such as marriage certificate, deed poll, etc.)
                            So yes, you have the right idea there.

Also i have an enhanced DBS check done a month ago because i work in a care is this a document worth uploading as it goes to prove good character.
                            No, since the Home Office will carry out their own checks anyway.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X