Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturalisation - work history

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi UKCEN,

    Many thanks for all your support. It's the best portal with so many resources and help!

    I have a question regarding Lawful residence and evidence of residence.

    I will be shortly applying for naturalisation as European Citizen based on Settle Status and started to collect all the evidence to be uploaded. I started to fill up the application online and got to the point where the system is explaining all the supporting documents.

    I am a bit confused about what documents should be collected. To satisfy Lawful residence I know I have to be a worker, self-sufficient etc. so is it ok to prove it with a mix of P60s, P45s and payslips?
    Should I additionally put some residence documents like letters from GP, bank statements (but it will be a lot of pages?), COUNCIL TAX YEARLY BILL? Or the above P60, P45 and payslips will be sufficient?

    Many thanks for your response in advance.

    Best

    Nanna

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Nanna_2021 View Post
      Hi UKCEN,

      Many thanks for all your support. It's the best portal with so many resources and help!
      Morning,

      I've moved your post to your previous thread to keep it all together.

      Originally posted by Nanna_2021 View Post
      I have a question regarding Lawful residence and evidence of residence.

      I will be shortly applying for naturalisation as European Citizen based on Settle Status and started to collect all the evidence to be uploaded. I started to fill up the application online and got to the point where the system is explaining all the supporting documents.

      I am a bit confused about what documents should be collected. To satisfy Lawful residence I know I have to be a worker, self-sufficient etc. so is it ok to prove it with a mix of P60s, P45s and payslips?
      If you were a worker (employee), you can just provide P60s if they cover the whole 5 year period.

      Originally posted by Nanna_2021 View Post
      Should I additionally put some residence documents like letters from GP, bank statements (but it will be a lot of pages?), COUNCIL TAX YEARLY BILL? Or the above P60, P45 and payslips will be sufficient?
      P60s are the Home Office's best loved documents, if you have them covering the 5 year period, then you can use them both as evidence of residence and lawful residence. We mention all those other documents for the benefit of people who haven't been working and wouldn't have P60s.

      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

      Comment


      • #18
        Many, many thanks.

        Unfortunately, I just have one P60 document for that 5 years.

        Just to confirm: for other years can I provide them with payslips (If you could advise how many of them should I attach?) and yearly Council tax bills (are they covering 1-year perion?).

        Quick question regarding bak statements: As the detailed statement might be a very heavy file to cover a period of 3 years, can I provide a bank statement just with my salaries?

        Many, many thanks for your help!

        Best,

        Nanna

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Nanna_2021 View Post
          Many, many thanks.

          Unfortunately, I just have one P60 document for that 5 years.

          Just to confirm: for other years can I provide them with payslips (If you could advise how many of them should I attach?)
          Afternoon,

          Although written with PR applications in mind, if you look here: Evidence of employment

          ...you'll see:
          If you are unable to obtain the 5 P60s, then please provide 3 payslips (monthly or weekly) for each year, ensuring there is no more than a 6 month gap between each document. Ideally, these should include March’s payslip for each year and 2 other payslips no more than six months apart, or a letter from employer(s) confirming period(s) of employment and annual earnings.

          I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Nanna_2021 View Post
            and yearly Council tax bills (are they covering 1-year perion?).

            Quick question regarding bak statements: As the detailed statement might be a very heavy file to cover a period of 3 years, can I provide a bank statement just with my salaries?
            If you are providing evidence of employment, such as payslips, you shouldn't need additional evidence of residence for the same periods covered by them.

            I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

            Comment


            • #21
              Dear UKCEN,

              I started scanning my documents and passport file is too big. Can this be scanned in grayscale and uploaded in 2 parts into the system? So would be Passpprt part 1 and passport part 2? Or it has to be good quality and color?

              many many thanks for your help!

              N

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Nanna_2021 View Post
                Dear UKCEN,

                I started scanning my documents and passport file is too big. Can this be scanned in grayscale and uploaded in 2 parts into the system? So would be Passpprt part 1 and passport part 2? Or it has to be good quality and color?

                many many thanks for your help!

                N
                Morning,

                Actually, if you look at what UKVCAS say, they do prefer grayscale files, precisely for this reason. They will still check your passport at the appointment anyway.

                I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                Comment


                • #23

                  I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X