Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

Citizenship and settlement

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Citizenship and settlement

    Hello I'm currently considering applying for the UK citizenship. I've got SS granted 12/10/2019. I'm planning to apply from April 2022 (next year, after exams). But I have got a few concerns of my history working.
    2009-2012 full time work Monday-Friday And Saturday part time work, And self employed.
    10 years history:
    March 2012-December 2012 Maternity
    After JSA 4 weeks
    I still was self employed 2013-2014 but I had income only 50 pounds. During this time I paid NIC class2.
    8/04/2014-until now - employed.
    but 2018 I changed my position And they cut my hours (on that year my income 6.800 pounds).
    Could you please clarify wheter or not I will qualify.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Lola625 View Post
    Hello I'm currently considering applying for the UK citizenship. I've got SS granted 12/10/2019. I'm planning to apply from April 2022 (next year, after exams). But I have got a few concerns of my history working.
    2009-2012 full time work Monday-Friday And Saturday part time work, And self employed.
    10 years history:
    March 2012-December 2012 Maternity
    After JSA 4 weeks
    I still was self employed 2013-2014 but I had income only 50 pounds. During this time I paid NIC class2.
    8/04/2014-until now - employed.
    but 2018 I changed my position And they cut my hours (on that year my income 6.800 pounds).
    Could you please clarify wheter or not I will qualify.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Afternoon,

    Were you still earning enough to pay NICs during that period? In general, work would be regarded as genuine and effective if people were earning above the NI threshold.

    There is a requirement for "lawful residence" as per EU rules in the last 5 years. It is also possible to be lawfully resident in a different way, for example, as a dependant of an EU national who was exercising treaty rights, see: Lawful Residence for applicants relying on Settled Status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

    Comment


    • #3
      We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

      ....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think 2018 I didn't pay NICs during that time. So shall I wait until 2023 for apply?
        thank you

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lola625 View Post
          I think 2018 I didn't pay NICs during that time. So shall I wait until 2023 for apply?
          thank you
          Morning,

          If it looks like you wouldn't satisfy the lawful residence requirement in the last 5 years, then it would be a good idea to wait until you do.

          I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you for your help.

            Comment


            • #7
              Also I have another question. I'd like to apply for my son (9 years old) Citizenship. But, as you can see, in 2018 I had low income. Can I use MN1 form or shall I Wait to 2023? (His dad Had PR blue card, after son was Born, And SS, but he is in Germany).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lola625 View Post
                Also I have another question. I'd like to apply for my son (9 years old) Citizenship. But, as you can see, in 2018 I had low income. Can I use MN1 form or shall I Wait to 2023? (His dad Had PR blue card, after son was Born, And SS, but he is in Germany).
                Morning,

                Where was he born? In the UK or abroad?

                I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi, he was Born in the UK 2012.

                  I was Also wondering, do the refree need to known my son 2-3 years?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Editcan I add my estate agent as a profesjonalne referee?)
                    thank you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lola625 View Post
                      Hi, he was Born in the UK 2012.
                      That's fine then, children born in the UK can be registered as soon as one parent has settled status, while children born abroad can only usually be registered if at least one parent also applies for British citizenship (or has already obtained it).

                      Originally posted by Lola625 View Post
                      I was Also wondering, do the refree need to known my son 2-3 years?
                      This isn't a requirement for children.

                      Originally posted by Lola625 View Post
                      Editcan I add my estate agent as a profesjonalne referee?)
                      thank you
                      You will find the requirements here: Referees for children

                      ...where you'll see:


                      Each referee should know the child personally.
                      One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
                      The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

                      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X