Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

I made a mistake for my child's choice of referees. What can I expect from now?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE I made a mistake for my child's choice of referees. What can I expect from now?

I finally sent my application for my Citizenship, as well as my son's, yesterday. The online application had broken links to requirements for the referees so I failed to notice one of the child's referee must have been involved on a professional basis with the child.
    I only discovered it after I'd submitted and paid the application when I printed the referee form. The referees I've named are friends, one of them a teacher but never taught my son.
    What can I expect from now? Ideally I'd edit the application, but it cannot be done once submitted. So do I proceed with the referees I had named and will the case worker give me a chance to provide a different referee at some point?

This is my main question but I also have another one: I'm also puzzled as to how I submit the referees form: do I just hand them in at my biometrics appointment? do they need to be scanned and uploaded on the Sopra Steria website too? Note that the document checklist facility on the application website is currently DOWN, I guess this is why I'm lacking some information.

Originally posted by Eabb View Post
    This is my main question but I also have another one: I'm also puzzled as to how I submit the referees form: do I just hand them in at my biometrics appointment? do they need to be scanned and uploaded on the Sopra Steria website too?
    The completed referee declarations, with the applicant's photo affixed and referee signatures, etc. also have to be scanned and uploaded with the rest of the documents.

Note that the document checklist facility on the application website is currently DOWN, I guess this is why I'm lacking some information.
    That may have been a temporary glitch, it happens.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I finally sent my application for my Citizenship, as well as my son's, yesterday. The online application had broken links to requirements for the referees so I failed to notice one of the child's referee must have been involved on a professional basis with the child.
      I only discovered it after I'd submitted and paid the application when I printed the referee form. The referees I've named are friends, one of them a teacher but never taught my son
      What can I expect from now? Ideally I'd edit the application, but it cannot be done once submitted. So do I proceed with the referees I had named and will the case worker give me a chance to provide a different referee at some point?
      Veera T (lawyer) This is an almost identical question to this other one: References - Mistaken on child application and application submitted. what now? - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

if you look at the general guidance it says:

"For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications."

in regards to your second question after the referees have signed the page this will need to be scanned in as one of the documents or can be taken along to your appointment for them to scan.

I am an Immigration Solicitor with VJ Immigration, a firm Authorised and Regulated by The Office of the Immigration services commissioner. (OISC) Reg No: F201600018. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Veera T for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Veera T View Post
          if you look at the general guidance it says:

"For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications."

in regards to your second question after the referees have signed the page this will need to be scanned in as one of the documents or can be taken along to your appointment for them to scan.

Thanks, much appreciated. The one thing I can see here is that it doesn't look like the OP would be able to provide documents to show they have attempted to get suitable referees, I assume that would be something like emailing your health visitor or nursery school.

Comment

Working...
          X