Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in child application

Hello everyone,

I wonder if you can help me as I am feeling a bit nervous at the moment regarding our British citizenship application. We have just completed the application for my husband and my youngest daughter and after filling the form, I realized the child's referees needed to be someone who had been professionally engaged with the child and instead we indicated we would use the same referees as my husband.

Question: how can we amend an application that was submitted les than 5 minutes ago? Is there any possibility or we have just lost our money?

I've been trying to find some information online but unfortunately I don't seem to find any way to contact or amend the application.

Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!!

Originally posted by karinat80 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I wonder if you can help me as I am feeling a bit nervous at the moment regarding our British citizenship application. We have just completed the application for my husband and my youngest daughter and after filling the form, I realized the child's referees needed to be someone who had been professionally engaged with the child and instead we indicated we would use the same referees as my husband.

Question: how can we amend an application that was submitted les than 5 minutes ago? Is there any possibility or we have just lost our money?

I've been trying to find some information online but unfortunately I don't seem to find any way to contact or amend the application.

Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!!
    Morning,

I recall there being other members in a similar situation, what they did was to provide another referee that met the criteria of engaging professionally with the child, give the same details the form asks for both referess, getting the new referee to sign and date the declaration in the usual way, and write a note in the cover letter to explain the oversight at the time of submitting the form. This was accepted.

Another alternative would be to withdraw the application, which is possible to do until the biometrics appointment and would give you a full refund of the fee, so you wouldn't lose the fee over this, however, in view of the above, this shouldn't be necessary, unless you were not able to find an alternative referee.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
      X