Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of settled status and Letter of consent from child applicant’s parents

Good evening,

I am applying for British citizenship for my son and one of the evidence required is a letter of consent from both parents. Is there a form we need to sign to provide this or should we type up in a word document a consent and sign it? Is there anything we need to be mindful of regarding the wording?

Also, for my son’s application, it is requiring me to prove my EU settled status. We got a letter from the Home Office but it is specifically says it is not a proof of your setlled status. How can we provide evidence of our settled status?

Thank you very much for your help!

Originally posted by Delfin View Post
    Good evening,

I am applying for British citizenship for my son and one of the evidence required is a letter of consent from both parents. Is there a form we need to sign to provide this or should we type up in a word document a consent and sign it? Is there anything we need to be mindful of regarding the wording?
    Afternoon,

The parental consent forms should be available to download as part of the form, at least they used to be, if not, you can take a look here to see how simple they are: Registration of UK born children

Click image for larger version  Name:	mn1consentform.png Views:	1 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	5538

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Also, for my son’s application, it is requiring me to prove my EU settled status. We got a letter from the Home Office but it is specifically says it is not a proof of your setlled status. How can we provide evidence of our settled status?

Thank you very much for your help!
      The decision letter does say that, but that's for third parties such as employers, landlords, banks, etc. who have no way of verifying the authenticity of the letter, in this case, you are applying to the Home Office itself, so they will be able to verify the status if you send them the letter.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Many thanks, super-helpful.

I couldn’t find the consent form as a downloadable document at the end of the online application. I see how it should look like, thank you. Could you please help with where I can access it? Thank you.

Comment

Many thanks, super-helpful.

I couldn’t find the consent form as a downloadable document at the end of the online application. I see how it should look like, thank you. Could you please help with where I can access it? Thank you.
          Morning,

If it's not provided as part of the form, you can just type up your own following the above template, no need to have boxes, etc. it can be just typed up as a normal document, without the lines or things like "(name of the father)", just providing the relevant names, print it off and get it signed.

Comment

Ah okay, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X