X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query British citizen application confusion

Hello. My adult son was born in the UK to an unmarried British dad and a Danish mum in 1993. Is he automatically a British citizen? If not, is it form UKF that he should use to apply with? We are really confused! Many thanks

Originally posted by Andersine And View Post
    Hello. My adult son was born in the UK to an unmarried British dad and a Danish mum in 1993. Is he automatically a British citizen? If not, is it form UKF that he should use to apply with? We are really confused! Many thanks
    Evening,

If you look here: Children of British parents - UKF and UKM

...we have:

Form UKF is used for children born before 1 July 2006 to British fathers and whose parents were, and continue to be, unmarried. If the parents got married after the child’s birth, the child should now be able to apply for a passport​ directly without having to register.

Form UKF guidance

Online UKF application form
    As can be seen above, if the parents never got married after the child's birth, then the "child" would need to be registered via form UKF.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Please can you advise under which category you should upload : Birth certificates (own and father's), passport and referee details? Should it be under 'Other'. Or should it be under 'Proof of Identity'. The additional categories I believe are non applicable for a UKF form? (residence in the UK/Finances/Proof of Business/ Life events/ Medical Information/Sponsors/Educational). Should you upload 'Proof of Application? - and if so what is that (is it the document checklist). Many thanks for you help!

Comment

Please can you advise under which category you should upload : Birth certificates (own and father's), passport and referee details? Should it be under 'Other'. Or should it be under 'Proof of Identity'. The additional categories I believe are non applicable for a UKF form? (residence in the UK/Finances/Proof of Business/ Life events/ Medical Information/Sponsors/Educational). Should you upload 'Proof of Application? - and if so what is that (is it the document checklist). Many thanks for you help!
        Afternoon,

I've moved your new post to your previous thread to keep it together.

You are right in saying they should all go under "other", as noted here: Uploading documents to the UKVCAS interface.

...where we have:

Document categories on the UKVCAS screen

The UKCVAS interface is used to upload documents for a variety of applications, including various work, business and student visa applications.

The document upload interface has been continuously changing over time, so it may not resemble the example provided here.

Most of the categories are not applicable to citizenship applications, since they do not require evidence of finances, business, sponsorship, studies, life events, nor medical information. Although it is necessary to provide employment and travel history on the form, there is no requirement to back this up with evidence, other than the evidence of employment for residence/lawful residence, but this falls under the residence heading.
        If the documents you need to provide do not fall under the specified headings, the "Other" heading can be used.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thanks very much for the advise. How far back should the travel history go? Kind regards

Comment

Thanks very much for the advise. How far back should the travel history go? Kind regards
            Morning,

Only for the last 5 years counting back from application submission date, and it is my understanding the form won't even accept dates over 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X