Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT NOTICE - TEMPORARY CLOSURE

Please note that this forum will be temporarily closed for posting questions from September 27th till October 7th 2021. This is to allow for planned site maintenance. If you need urgent legal advice, for example, with an appeal, you may consider contacting one of our lawyers. Please note that our lawyers only volunteer on the forum, therefore, if contacted outside the forum, this will attract a fee. We look forward to seeing you all back on the 7th.

See more
See less

Prof of ID

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Prof of ID

I was not allowed to sit the uk test because a mistake on my driving license the DVLA needs to correct. The wrote I was born in the UK. And I lost the money.

When can I book the test again? Shall I wait as if I failed tho I could not even try?

Now I m gonna use the passport and I m so over cautious than I m worried they don’t allow me to use it either. On my passport the Place of birth the passport says “Santander (Cantabria)”. I write that when booking the test and they don’t allow using “()”. I am unsure whether to write “Santander Cantabria” or just “Santander”. Santander is the town Cantabria is the region . Santander is the capital of Cantabria. Is it important?

Hi, the best thing is to ring the LITUK Helpline and clarify the matter with them. The number for the helpline and other useful information can be found here:

Life in the UK test - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

You should also get the DVLA to amend the place of birth on your UK driving licence.

Comment

Skye do you remember how you resolved your doubt? I am in a similar situation with town of birth and province initials in brackets. So something like “Town (PR)”

I simply entered the town of birth. Common sense tells me that it’s going to be ok, but you never know!

And my test is tomorrow, so I’m debating with myself whether to add the province next to my town of birth.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LFC82 View Post
        Skye do you remember how you resolved your doubt? I am in a similar situation with town of birth and province initials in brackets. So something like “Town (PR)”

I simply entered the town of birth. Common sense tells me that it’s going to be ok, but you never know!

And my test is tomorrow, so I’m debating with myself whether to add the province next to my town of birth.

thanks!
        Hello,

As you posted this last night, I'm assuming you already had your test. The place of birth shouldn't be an issue, the biggest issue was when people's proof of address didn't match the name as it was written on the passport, but they are no longer requiring this proof, which was the cause of all problems at the centres.

Also note this post is over a year old.

How did it go?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi! Yes I had the test today and it went well thank you.

I even posted a full report to share my experience, it will be in the queue somewhere

I think the doubts over the format of my place of birth came mainly from practice fatigue and from a willingness to get this done and move on to the next steps. I noticed the post was a year old but I still tried (instead of switching to more relaxing things to do!)

thank you for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by LFC82 View Post
            Hi! Yes I had the test today and it went well thank you.

I even posted a full report to share my experience, it will be in the queue somewhere

I think the doubts over the format of my place of birth came mainly from practice fatigue and from a willingness to get this done and move on to the next steps. I noticed the post was a year old but I still tried (instead of switching to more relaxing things to do!)

thank you for your reply
            Morning,

I approved your full report, here: Life in the UK test experience - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Thanks for sharing!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
            X