Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LITUK Test experience in June 2020

Hello everybody,

I thought I would write about my LITUK test experience a few weeks ago, if it would be helpful for anybody taking it in the future.

I took it in Ilford, east London. Upon arrival they are quite strict about Covid distancing, and as such had to clean hands and wipe down on arrival. I was made to wait in a room with about 5-6 other people. After a short wait, I was asked to enter a small room, where somebody verifies your identity and asks you nominal questions about your origin etc. They take a photo.

After this you are given a locker to store everything you came in with - contents of pockets included. They are very stringent about this, so expect to put everything in the locker.

Onto the test. I studied using this site to begin with - Life in the UK Tests - 2020 Practice Questions - 3rd Edition - I read the entire study guide, and did the practice tests. After a while, I wanted to cross check the plethora of online tests against this one, so I tried some of the exams (1-15) on this site - Life In The UK Test ➨➨➨ FREE Practice Tests 2017 . At the bottom of each exam is a facebook feed of people who all seem to post the advice of, "take exams 1-15 on this site repeatedly, and the LITUK test is based on these". Oddly, I found these exam questions to be easier than the practice test questions from the former site. I literally did the all the practice exams about 10 times, to the point where I aced each one.

In the test, you are sat at a computer terminal. It gives you 4 practice questions first, which in hindsight were a lot easier than the real questions. The real questions were, as the facebook people claimed, mostly from the 1-15 exam questions on the site listed above, however the wording and presentation (grammar) were different. There were two questions not in the above sites. I'm not sure I am legally allowed to post questions here? One was common sense, vaguely speaking, around legal ages for buying (insert a popular vice here). The other was a very specific question about (I cannot say more) the type of voting system in (one of the countries of Great Britain.)

After the test you leave quickly. I was emailed my test result within 3 minutes of leaving the center.

I hope this information is helpful to somebody, please don't hesitate to ask me further questions if needed.

Morning,

Many thanks for sharing your experience, it's much appreciated.

Glad to hear everything went well and you found it easy.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRibbonInMay View Post

In the test, you are sat at a computer terminal. It gives you 4 practice questions first, which in hindsight were a lot easier than the real questions. The real questions were, as the facebook people claimed, mostly from the 1-15 exam questions on the site listed above, however the wording and presentation (grammar) were different. There were two questions not in the above sites. I'm not sure I am legally allowed to post questions here? One was common sense, vaguely speaking, around legal ages for buying (insert a popular vice here). The other was a very specific question about (I cannot say more) the type of voting system in (one of the countries of Great Britain.)
      The LITUK questions are widely published everywhere: on books, websites, apps, etc. The actual tests randomly pick a small selection of the overall range of questions, so the ones that came up on your test may not be the same ones others get when they sit their tests, so there's nothing wrong with posting them.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

The LITUK questions are widely published everywhere: on books, websites, apps, etc. The actual tests randomly pick a small selection of the overall range of questions, so the ones that came up on your test may not be the same ones others get when they sit their tests, so there's nothing wrong with posting them.
        Thank you Site Admin! In that case the two questions that deviated "slightly" from the exam questions I studied were:

At what age can you buy cigarettes in the UK
        (I had studied a version which was "True or False it is illegal to sell cigarettes to people under 18")

Wales elects its Assembly members under which system: FPTP or Proportional Representation
        The questions I studied did not contain this type of question about Wales.

I should say, I'm not discounting reading through the book/study guide; which clearly contain the answers to the above questions. I did read through completely, however it was helpful to me to practice so I chose that route.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRibbonInMay View Post

Thank you Site Admin! In that case the two questions that deviated "slightly" from the exam questions I studied were:

At what age can you buy cigarettes in the UK
          (I had studied a version which was "True or False it is illegal to sell cigarettes to people under 18")

Wales elects its Assembly members under which system: FPTP or Proportional Representation
          The questions I studied did not contain this type of question about Wales.

I should say, I'm not discounting reading through the book/study guide; which clearly contain the answers to the above questions. I did read through completely, however it was helpful to me to practice so I chose that route.
          I reckon most people would find it useful to do practice questions rather than just reading the guide.

Comment

I passed my test today. I had to arrive 30 min early and security test was carried out. I had to place my personal items in a locker. I was directed to an office and my ID was checked. They asked a few personal questions. I had an exam and I was a bit nervous because I had mainly studied with an app. All the questions weren’t in the app which I was asked. I didn’t know the most expensive British film and Hogmanay.i had generally a lot of questions of Scotland but I was able to use logic with them. I don’t live in Scotland so i didn’t know all the answers but I passed my test first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Suomi View Post
              I passed my test today. I had to arrive 30 min early and security test was carried out. I had to place my personal items in a locker. I was directed to an office and my ID was checked. They asked a few personal questions. I had an exam and I was a bit nervous because I had mainly studied with an app. All the questions weren’t in the app which I was asked. I didn’t know the most expensive British film and Hogmanay.i had generally a lot of questions of Scotland but I was able to use logic with them. I don’t live in Scotland so i didn’t know all the answers but I passed my test first time.
              Well done for passing the test!

And thanks for sharing your experiences.

It was my impression that people sitting the test in the devolved administrations were asked more specific questions about the relevant part of the UK, i.e. those sitting it in Scotland would be ask more questions about Scotland, but you say you don't live there, so maybe that's no longer the case.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X