Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience LITUK test experience London January 2021

Hi Forumites,

Complete newcomer to this site/forum. I wish I came across it prior to submitting my AN application yesterday, but that's another story.

Booked my test well in advance. Read the official book and went through the sample questions and tests online.
    Arrived 30 minutes earlier on a cold morning, and was ushered in by a masked member of staff. test centre was in an adapted-to-purpose end-of terrace house close to the Hounslow Bus Station.
    Showed my ID, temperature taken remotely, hands washed in Covid-fighting liquid. With a number given, was seated in downstairs reception area together with other 5 examinees.
    After 6 of us for the time slot were 'processed' - we were asked to go upstairs in a waiting room. Then in accordance with the numbers were asked to take off overcoats (and watches) empty our pockets and set everything aside. Mask was taken briefly off for another ID verification and for a photo to be taken . Airport-style search with a hand scanner was performed, and afterwards signed off a sheet with my name. Key to a locker corresponding to my number was given and then had to go downstairs and leave everything in the locker. Upon return, another quick ID check before entering the room with the PCs (apart from the 3 ID verifications, the mask had to stay on throughout - once inside the site) . We were allowed only the mask, your ID and the key from the locker in with you; I guess if I'd asked to bring in a bottle of water that to be OK too, but I didn't.
    Can't tell for sure if only every second desk (separators on each side) was in use in order to comply with distancing rules, as at this point the adrenaline kicked in. I could only see the screen in front of me. You can imagine the rest of the events inside as the quick-edit scenes from the movie 'Snatch':
    Answered questions in under 5 minutes (no, seriously!); clicked End Test, turned to the lady in charge, she nodded I'm Ok to go. Downstairs, locker, possessions back, drop keys in a designated basket (it was next to a spray bottle of disinfectant) and out I was. The staff at the centre couldn't tell me if I have passed, but by the time I switched mobile on and checked my e-mail - it was already there with a long URN. Logged on to my account on Life in the UK: book your Life in the UK test and PASS was there. It does not give you percentage in case of success - don't know if it does if you fail.

p.s. I have a feeling that I may not be doing the right thing here, as it doesn't look like this is going to the Experience section, but I'm sure the site moderators will correct my mistake.
    AN underway since 17/01/2021 - The Year of The Metal Ox!

Originally posted by kokoroko View Post
    Hi Forumites,

Complete newcomer to this site/forum. I wish I came across it prior to submitting my AN application yesterday, but that's another story.

Booked my test well in advance. Read the official book and went through the sample questions and tests online.
    Arrived 30 minutes earlier on a cold morning, and was ushered in by a masked member of staff. test centre was in an adapted-to-purpose end-of terrace house close to the Hounslow Bus Station.
    Showed my ID, temperature taken remotely, hands washed in Covid-fighting liquid. With a number given, was seated in downstairs reception area together with other 5 examinees.
    After 6 of us for the time slot were 'processed' - we were asked to go upstairs in a waiting room. Then in accordance with the numbers were asked to take off overcoats (and watches) empty our pockets and set everything aside. Mask was taken briefly off for another ID verification and for a photo to be taken . Airport-style search with a hand scanner was performed, and afterwards signed off a sheet with my name. Key to a locker corresponding to my number was given and then had to go downstairs and leave everything in the locker. Upon return, another quick ID check before entering the room with the PCs (apart from the 3 ID verifications, the mask had to stay on throughout - once inside the site) . We were allowed only the mask, your ID and the key from the locker in with you; I guess if I'd asked to bring in a bottle of water that to be OK too, but I didn't.
    Can't tell for sure if only every second desk (separators on each side) was in use in order to comply with distancing rules, as at this point the adrenaline kicked in. I could only see the screen in front of me. You can imagine the rest of the events inside as the quick-edit scenes from the movie 'Snatch':
    Answered questions in under 5 minutes (no, seriously!); clicked End Test, turned to the lady in charge, she nodded I'm Ok to go. Downstairs, locker, possessions back, drop keys in a designated basket (it was next to a spray bottle of disinfectant) and out I was. The staff at the centre couldn't tell me if I have passed, but by the time I switched mobile on and checked my e-mail - it was already there with a long URN. Logged on to my account on Life in the UK: book your Life in the UK test and PASS was there. It does not give you percentage in case of success - don't know if it does if you fail.

p.s. I have a feeling that I may not be doing the right thing here, as it doesn't look like this is going to the Experience section, but I'm sure the site moderators will correct my mistake.
    Morning and thanks for sharing your experience! Glad to hear it was quick and painless.

I've moved this post to the appropriate section, to clarify, there's only one area of the forum to start a new thread, when the post is approved, we moved them to the relevant area, so no need to worry about that.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hi Forumites,

You can still explain things in the cover letter if you left something out.

We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point.Also refer to this post: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions

....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I guess the Cover letter will have to do. Basically on my application I have answered NO (not without plenty of deliberation - and was convinced I am doing the right thing!)
        Are you either:
        -An EEA national...
        -A family member...
        despite having received my HO e-mail with PDF attachment confirming my EUSS in April 2019.

But reading the link about the Issues&Errors above, perhaps this won't be too big a deal.

I am planning to submit few more Experience-type posts as my application progresses; as I understand how useful first-hand testimonies can be for those that will be embarking on similar 'journey'.
        AN underway since 17/01/2021 - The Year of The Metal Ox!

Comment

I guess the Cover letter will have to do. Basically on my application I have answered NO (not without plenty of deliberation - and was convinced I am doing the right thing!)
          Are you either:
          -An EEA national...
          -A family member...
          despite having received my HO e-mail with PDF attachment confirming my EUSS in April 2019.

But reading the link about the Issues&Errors above, perhaps this won't be too big a deal.
          Indeed, that's a very common mistake, which is why I included it as an example in the post you are referring to.

I am planning to submit few more Experience-type posts as my application progresses; as I understand how useful first-hand testimonies can be for those that will be embarking on similar 'journey'.
          It is always useful to hear from members, that's how we've built up a lot of our resources, like the above.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X