X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language and LITUK test experiences

Have taken and passed both the language test and the life in the uk test in the last couple of weeks and wanted to share my experiences-
    Although I appreciate it is the process I still feel a bit insulted about the language test - being an English teacher ( just not in possession of the correct certificate on the list of approved ones ) and the associated cost when they put you with another person and you basically get to talk / listen / ask and answer a few questions for about 10 minutes.

they give you a topic and you talk about it and the other person asks 3 questions and vice versa
    listen to two messages and have to say what they are about and answer 3 questions
    a bit more talking on topics given to you and that’s it - and it’s a Entry 3 level and it takes them a week to give you the result

the life in the uk test is a different beast and I would strongly recommend to read the book as well as doing mock tests via the app as the questions are worded very differently and quite a few are not even in the app tests

i felt very confident with the initial 4 questions that don’t count towards the test and then got flummoxed with the first one of the actual test but as the test went on I felt more confident and at least you get your result straight away
    read the book from cover to cover and practise and you will be fine

Originally posted by Mrs D View Post
    Have taken and passed both the language test and the life in the uk test in the last couple of weeks and wanted to share my experiences-
    Although I appreciate it is the process I still feel a bit insulted about the language test - being an English teacher ( just not in possession of the correct certificate on the list of approved ones ) and the associated cost when they put you with another person and you basically get to talk / listen / ask and answer a few questions for about 10 minutes.

they give you a topic and you talk about it and the other person asks 3 questions and vice versa
    listen to two messages and have to say what they are about and answer 3 questions
    a bit more talking on topics given to you and that’s it - and it’s a Entry 3 level and it takes them a week to give you the result

the life in the uk test is a different beast and I would strongly recommend to read the book as well as doing mock tests via the app as the questions are worded very differently and quite a few are not even in the app tests

i felt very confident with the initial 4 questions that don’t count towards the test and then got flummoxed with the first one of the actual test but as the test went on I felt more confident and at least you get your result straight away
    read the book from cover to cover and practise and you will be fine
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Experiences from Language test at Pearsons PTE: very positive (you get a computer and a drawing board and you speak your answers to a headset or multi-choice). Good for people who get cold feet on face-to-face meetings. The site at Uxbridge is small yet very accessible (in a mall) and discount coupons will relieve part of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by fampanag View Post
        Experiences from Language test at Pearsons PTE: very positive (you get a computer and a drawing board and you speak your answers to a headset or multi-choice). Good for people who get cold feet on face-to-face meetings. The site at Uxbridge is small yet very accessible (in a mall) and discount coupons will relieve part of the cost.
        Afternoon,

Many thanks for sharing your experience, I'm sure many will find it useful.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X