Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member comments welcome Return of passport application supporting documents

Hi all,

I hope everyone's well! I have a question about the return of the supporting documents (naturalisation certificate and current passport) that I sent to HMPO as part of my passport application.

Do we know if the Passport Office provides a tracking code for these? I have been given a code to track the delivery of the new passport but haven't had any information about the supporting documents other than that they will be posted separately. Should I expect to receive a tracking code from the Home Office, or will the documents simply turn up in the post one day? I have paid the extra fee for secure delivery.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Originally posted by Jobsworth91 View Post
    Hi all,

I hope everyone's well! I have a question about the return of the supporting documents (naturalisation certificate and current passport) that I sent to HMPO as part of my passport application.

Do we know if the Passport Office provides a tracking code for these? I have been given a code to track the delivery of the new passport but haven't had any information about the supporting documents other than that they will be posted separately. Should I expect to receive a tracking code from the Home Office, or will the documents simply turn up in the post one day? I have paid the extra fee for secure delivery.

Afternoon,

They are always posted separately.

ClaudLatina Would you know whether they also send tracking info for the other envelope with the documents?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Afternoon,

They are always posted separately.

ClaudLatina Would you know whether they also send tracking info for the other envelope with the documents?
      Thank you Admin. Just a minor correction to my original post - I'm not expecting to receive a tracking code from the Home Office, I meant the Passport Office

Comment

Originally posted by Jobsworth91 View Post
        Hi all,

The Passport Office only sends tracking links when they send the passport but not when they send back the documents.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

The Passport Office only sends tracking links when they send the passport but not when they send back the documents.
          do we know what kind of service they are using to send the supporting documents back? The British Passport is a tracked TNT delivery, I wonder if they are using Royal Mail for the others

Comment

Originally posted by Zlatanio View Post

do we know what kind of service they are using to send the supporting documents back? The British Passport is a tracked TNT delivery, I wonder if they are using Royal Mail for the others
            I think it is Royal Mail, but to be honest I am not 100% sure. Either way it should not be a concern. They will send them back.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Both my passport and supporting documents were returned by TNT as I paid for secure delivery. Both showed up in TNT tracking as separate deliveries, when I logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pusteblume View Post

Both my passport and supporting documents were returned by TNT as I paid for secure delivery. Both showed up in TNT tracking as separate deliveries, when I logged in.
                OK that's cool thanks. I'm slightly annoyed by the fact I can't track my passport - I add the PEX number and it says it's incorrect. I think it will arrive pretty soon anyway, but I do like tracking my parcels

Comment

OK that's cool thanks. I'm slightly annoyed by the fact I can't track my passport - I add the PEX number and it says it's incorrect. I think it will arrive pretty soon anyway, but I do like tracking my parcels
                  To log in, use your PEX number without the PEX (just the numbers) and no spaces, i.e. for PEX 123 456 7890, use 1234567890.

Comment

To log in, use your PEX number without the PEX (just the numbers) and no spaces, i.e. for PEX 123 456 7890, use 1234567890.
                    briliant, that worked! Thanks! It says it's due for delivery tomorrow

Comment

briliant, that worked! Thanks! It says it's due for delivery tomorrow
                      Great. Check again later. TNT has a habit of changing delivery date last minute.
                      However, they will just leave it in the postbox anyway...

Comment

Morning,

Yes, they are always separate deliveries, as the passports are sent out from the place where they get printed.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Great. Check again later. TNT has a habit of changing delivery date last minute.
                          However, they will just leave it in the postbox anyway...
                          yeah that's exactly what they did, I got it around 10am today. Exactly 10 days since the moment I sent the application. Excellent turnaround!

Comment

yeah that's exactly what they did, I got it around 10am today. Exactly 10 days since the moment I sent the application. Excellent turnaround!
                            Great news! Enjoy!!!

Comment

still waiting for the supporting documentation, hopefully they will send my passport and certificate back soon

Comment

Working...
                              X