Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Please urgent help needed Biometric day expiring and Home Office note replying

Hi

I would need advice on what to do, please.

We applied for our Citizenship in February. It was a joined application for 4 people.
    At the biometric appointment (1st of April) the system did not generate a fingerprint request for my 11 years old son.

This was because there was a typo on his DoB which showed 2019 instead of 2009.
    We checked that application a million of times but we were totally blind at the dates of birth!

We phoned the Home Office and they told us we would loose our money if we withdrew our application as we attended the appointment even if we did not submit the biometric.
    We immediately wrote the further enquiries email asking to rectify the date and give us more time for the biometric, which at the moment we need to do before the 5th of May.

We then booked and paid another biometric for the 30th of April.

To date the Home Office has not replied. We tried writing them again with no success.
    We have till the 28th morning to cancel our biometric to get the refund and I don't know if we should withdraw our application hoping in a refund of the nearly 5 thousands we paid for the application.

Loosing 5 thousand for a typo seems too unfair to us.
    We cannot afford it...we do not have enough money to reapply and besides my children's national passport expired few days ago.
    Our application is fine and we uploaded on the biometric website plenty of paperwork to prove that we were in the UK. We are registered, have settlement status, passed our life in the UK and English exams.. everything else is perfect, there is no reason to reject it.

I would really appreciate if someone that had aa similar experience or a lawyer could answer, if possible.

I haven't slept since....

What should we do, please?

Originally posted by ATGD View Post

Loosing 5 thousand for a typo seems too unfair to us.
    Morning,

First of all, from what you are telling us, there was an issue only with ONE applicant, not all 4 family members, so there wouldn't be a reason for ALL applications to be affected by this issue.

Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on the above situation?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

yes, this is correct. Only one application has an issue so there is no reason that all applications would be refused. You need to ensure that the HO are aware of the error and that you also upload a covering letter with your documents to support the error. The bit I do not understand is that you said you attended an appointment on 1 April but now you have another appointment for 30 April

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

At the biometric they did not submit our biometric because they said the home office would reject our applicatio. I insisted but they said no.Our eldest need fingerprints and the system would not generate the request so they said being a joint application this would be rejected for all not just for our son.
        I emailed the home office but they are not replying.

Comment

At the biometric they did not submit our biometric because they said the home office would reject our applicatio. I insisted but they said no.Our eldest need fingerprints and the system would not generate the request so they said being a joint application this would be rejected for all not just for our son.
          I emailed the home office but they are not replying.
          Tim M FYI

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I have never heard of this situation before. I would book and attend another biometric appointment and insist that the other family members enrol biometrics. Each application is assessed on its own. If UKVCAS have any doubt at the appointment then they should ring the HO

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. They did not phone the home office, they phoned their headquarted and they said we had to contact the home office and amend the error.
              which we did but the Home Office is not replying.

If we go to the biometric, insist to have it submitted, what is it happening to my son's application, please?

He is 11 years old and was born in Italy.

Could the home office give us timr to book snother biometric just for him?
              Would they reject his application?
              and in this case, how would we apply again just for him considering that he is a minor?

Thank you.

Really sorry to keep posting. The money we paid is a lot for us.
              if we withdraw the application now can we have a refund?

Comment

Thank you for your reply. They did not phone the home office, they phoned their headquarted and they said we had to contact the home office and amend the error.
                which we did but the Home Office is not replying.

If we go to the biometric, insist to have it submitted, what is it happening to my son's application, please?

He is 11 years old and was born in Italy.

Could the home office give us timr to book snother biometric just for him?
                Would they reject his application?
                and in this case, how would we apply again just for him considering that he is a minor?

Thank you.

Really sorry to keep posting. The money we paid is a lot for us.
                if we withdraw the application now can we have a refund?
                Tim M

Comment

I would attend the appointment and enrol biometrics for everyone else. The HO should then make arrangements for your son to enrol biometrics

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
                    I would attend the appointment and enrol biometrics for everyone else. The HO should then make arrangements for your son to enrol biometrics
                    Thank you so much for your time and reassurance.
                    We will update the email we sent to the further enquiries and a cover letter explaining the situation asking to arrange for my son's fingerprints to be taken.

We already uploaded, Birth certificate, passport and national ID card.

We will attend the appointment on the 30th.

When everything is sorted, we will complain with the UKVCAS as this could have been sorted the first time we went without having to pay for a second biometric.

I will let you know how it goes for future reference.

Thank you so much for everything!

Comment

Thank you so much for your time and reassurance.
                      We will update the email we sent to the further enquiries and a cover letter explaining the situation asking to arrange for my son's fingerprints to be taken.

We already uploaded, Birth certificate, passport and national ID card.

We will attend the appointment on the 30th.

When everything is sorted, we will complain with the UKVCAS as this could have been sorted the first time we went without having to pay for a second biometric.

I will let you know how it goes for future reference.

Thank you so much for everything!
                      Best of luck and do keep us posted!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Best of luck and do keep us posted!
                        So...some update...we went again to the Biometric in May..paying the fees... we submetted a cover letter too for the Home Office explaining the whole situation.
                        in the cover letter we asked the Home Office to give us the opportunity to rebook the Biometric just for my son.

Today we received an email from UK Visa and Immigration stating that they cannot amend my son's date of birth.
                        They say to withdraw my son's application and apply again.

They are not very clear if this is going to affect the other applications.
                        They said we will receive a refund, but I am not sure as I thought we could have a refund only if we withdrew before the biometric?

Is anyone being in the same situation, please?

Comment

So...some update...we went again to the Biometric in May..paying the fees... we submetted a cover letter too for the Home Office explaining the whole situation.
                          in the cover letter we asked the Home Office to give us the opportunity to rebook the Biometric just for my son.

Today we received an email from UK Visa and Immigration stating that they cannot amend my son's date of birth.
                          They say to withdraw my son's application and apply again.

They are not very clear if this is going to affect the other applications.
                          They said we will receive a refund, but I am not sure as I thought we could have a refund only if we withdrew before the biometric?

Is anyone being in the same situation, please?
                          Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

Comment

I dont think it will affect the other family members. I would reply to the email and ask what amount will be refunded

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
                              I dont think it will affect the other family members. I would reply to the email and ask what amount will be refunded
                              Thank you a million.
                              Will do

Comment

Working...
                              X