Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

IDV app for EU residents

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info required IDV app for EU residents

Hi

​​​​​​One of the member of my group with Hungarian citizenship has been advised she cannot yet book her Biometrics appointment because they are checking if she can do the procedure on IDV app.
    She's never done biometrics before for UK and has had no old application of anything that would warrant the use of this app.
    Obviously she would like to get through biometrics as quick as she could, how can she inform ukvcas that checking her for IDV is a pointless exercise lol
    She mentioned one of her acquaintance also had this hold up for 4 months after that they were able to book in for biometrics as similarly they weren't able to use idv either. Seems like a time wasting exercise.

Originally posted by Joni007x View Post
    Hi

​​​​​​One of the member of my group with Hungarian citizenship has been advised she cannot yet book her Biometrics appointment because they are checking if she can do the procedure on IDV app.
    She's never done biometrics before for UK and has had no old application of anything that would warrant the use of this app.
    Obviously she would like to get through biometrics as quick as she could, how can she inform ukvcas that checking her for IDV is a pointless exercise lol
    She mentioned one of her acquaintance also had this hold up for 4 months after that they were able to book in for biometrics as similarly they weren't able to use idv either. Seems like a time wasting exercise.
    Morning,

You don't tell us what application they are making. EEA nationals applying under the EUSS as family members don't need to do biometrics at all, since EUSS status is digital and only non EEA nationals need biometrics. However, if they are applying under a different route, such as student or skilled worker visas, then they would still need to follow the process for the visa in question.

It sounds like they may be applying for a student visa, as that's where they have been using the IDV app most often, at least recently. But we'd need to know what application it was to comment further.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Hi they are applying for citizenship.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Joni007x View Post
          Hi they are applying for citizenship.
          Morning,

I note UKVCAS posted a new message on their website just a few days ago: UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services

...where they say:

UKVCAS IDV app when making applications for Nationality, SET-M, BRP and BRC

The UKVCAS Identity Verification (IDV) app may be available if you are making an application for Nationality, Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), Biometric Residence Card (BRC) or SET-M visa.

Nationality, SET-M, BRP and BRC applicants should wait to receive an email from UKVCAS confirming the next steps. This is because UKVI assess which applications can be progressed using the IDV app.
          • UKVI aim to carry out this checking process within 7-10 working days from registration with UKVCAS/UKVI
            • Do not contact us before 10 working days following registration, as it is unlikely that a decision would have been made yet
          So this is a brand new thing, which is why I hadn't heard of it.

They started using the IDV app after the infamous 2020 lockdown, when they were closed for months on end, resulting in a huge backlog. Luckily, the government saw sense and granted them essential status, so they never had to close again during successive lockdows. This led to them abandoning this option for most applications, certainly for nationality applications, since around October 2020, since then they were using this option mostly for student visas.

I suspect this new development may have something to do with the Ukrainian scheme, as there will be tens of thousands of Ukrainians having to be issued with BRCs to live here, so they are looking to minimise the number of biometrics appointments from everyone else, as noted in their wording above.

As can be seen in their message, this is a process they are following with everyone, to see if they have any biometric data they can use. Most EEA nationals will never have given biometrics, so they wouldn't find it, but it will be necessary to wait for them to follow the process until they come to the conclusion that there is no reusable data and offer the appointment booking system.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
          X