If you have any bills in joint names, this would be ideal, however, you can also show documents in your name at the same address as documents in your partner’s name; you would provide two items: one in your name and one in his name to the SAME address.

You can also provide bank statements - either in joint names or, if you do not have a joint account, then double up with individual statements for each year.

The difference between 'evidence of residence' and 'evidence of living together' is that residence can be anywhere in the UK, the address is not important. For living together, address does become important.