Please note there may be some downtime on the forum this weekend, this is due to a planned server upgrade.
See more
See less

EU Settlement Scheme


Settled and Pre-Settled status applications

Settled and Pre-Settled status applications

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unmarried partners

    Unmarried partners

    A spouse, civil partner or durable partner can only be sponsored under the EUSS if the relationship was in place before the end of 2020.

    Unmarried/durable partners living in the UK

    The deadline for unmarried partners already living in the UK to apply for an EEA residence card was the end of December.

    Applications for EEA residence cards are no longer accepted.

    Applications submitted before the end of last year are...
    See more | Go to post

  • Who needs to apply under the EU settlement scheme

    Need to apply Do not need to apply
    See more | Go to post

  • Getting a biometric card (BRC) under the EU settlement scheme

    The information contained here is only for non EEA family members

    EEA nationals are not issued with a physical document, such as a biometric card, when obtaining settled or pre-settled status. EEA nationals only get a digital status, see: How to prove and share EUSS settled and pre-settled status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

    Non EEA family members who apply for settled or pre-settled status with...
    See more | Go to post

  • EU Settlement Scheme dates and deadlines, citizens rights and family reunion

    The transition period is coming to an end.

    This also means the following dates and deadlines will apply, irrespective of the outcome of any trade deal(s):
    Deadline for EEA and Swiss nationals to move to the UK and be eligible to apply for pre-settled status December 31st 2020
    See more | Go to post

  • Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre

    If you experience any issues with your application or have any questions about it, you may wish to contact the Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre. They should be able to help with common technical issues experienced by applicants such as:

    Trouble verifying email addresses
    Invalid links and unavailable pages
    Error messages on the application form
    Difficulties uploading documents
    See more | Go to post

  • Submitting a new application for settled or pre-settled status

    The Home Office Guidance has been updated a few days ago and we now have the following regarding multiple applications:

    Pages 25-26 of the EUSS Guidance have the following:

    Further applications

    An applicant can only have one grant of limited or indefinite leave to enter or remain under the Immigration Rules at any one time. This means that, where a further valid application under the EU Settlement Scheme has been made after an earlier application under...
    See more | Go to post

  • Update your EUSS details

    You can now update your details online if you got a new passport.

    You will need a photo or scan of you new document to upload.

    This photo should not have any reflections nor glare on it.

    If you were granted pre-settled nstatus, you can apply for settled status at any time when you have lived in the UK for five years, as long as it has been at least 70 days since you were granted pre-settled status.

    See more | Go to post

  • Your rights with settled and pre-settled status - benefits, children and absences from the UK

    Pre-settled status Settled status
    Limited leave to remain or enter Unlimited leave to remain or enter
    Valid for 5 years, or until you apply for settled status Valid indefinitely
    See more | Go to post

  • Criminality and suitability

    Criminality questions

    The online application form has the following questions.

    It is important to answer the questions truthfully. Failure to do so may be grounds for refusal.

    If you have criminal convictions or fall into any of the categories listed below who would be referred to Immigration Enforcement, you should seek legal advice before you apply.

    See Legal advice

    The criminality section...
    See more | Go to post

  • Applicants without capacity or requiring help to apply

    For EEA citizens resident in the UK before the specified date, the Home Office has put in place a comprehensive vulnerability strategy to ensure that the EUSS is accessible to all, including those requiring someone to make an application on their behalf. They are also engaging with relevant stakeholders, such as the Department for Health and Social Care, the Local Government Association, the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services and the Devolved Administrations, to assess the needs...
    See more | Go to post

  • Help with EUSS applications for vulnerable people

    Vulnerable people can get support with their application. These include people in the following categories:
    • elderly
    • isolated
    • disabled
    • looked after children (in the care of the local authority)
    • people with significant language or literacy problems
    • people with mental health issues
    • homeless people or those without a permanent address
    • victims of domestic abuse
    • victims of trafficking
    They may be able to:
    • find the nearest location to get face-to-face help;
    • find
    See more | Go to post

  • How to prove and share EUSS settled and pre-settled status

    How status is proved

    Pre-settled and settled status are digital for EEA nationals.

    Non EEA family members who applied with a valid biometric card will not have received another card and can continue to use their residence card or PR card to prove their rights until the expiry date of their card or until the end of 2020, whichever comes first.

    Non EEA family members who haven't got a valid biometric card when they apply for settled or...
    See more | Go to post

  • Multilingual resources for settled and pre-settled status applications

    These materials support EU, EEA and Swiss citizens applying under the EU Settlement Scheme. They are provided in 26 EU languages, including Welsh and Irish.

    Translated materials published by the Home Office
    See more | Go to post

  • How your data is used

    Information from the Home Office regarding the use of your personal information ...
    See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.