If your passport or ID card has expired and you can't renew these documents in time, you need to contact the resolution centre and ask for a paper form to apply with the expired document.

If you experience any issues with your application or have any questions about it, you may wish to contact the Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre. They should be able to help with common technical issues experienced by applicants such as:

Trouble verifying email addresses
Invalid links and unavailable pages
Error messages on the application form
Difficulties uploading documents
Being unable to login/access your status page
Not having received a refund if you applied before March 29 2019
Any specific questions about your application.

If you have trouble uploading documents or need to upload more than the maximum allowed, you may be able to send them by email, but you can only do this after being instructed by the resolution centre.

If you have lived in the UK longer than 5 years and have been offered pre-settled status, you should choose the option to provide additional evidence instead of accepting pre-settled status.

See How residence is assessed.

Calling from inside the UK

Telephone: 0300 123 7379
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm

Find out about call charges

Calling from outside the UK

Telephone: +44 203 080 0010
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:30am to 4:30pm

EU Settlement Scheme contact form

Get help using a computer to apply online

You can get support over the phone or in person if you need help filling in the settlement scheme application form online.

Current estimated processing times for applications.