Peace and Solidarity




If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less



Registration of children and eligible adults. Please note the language and LITUK requirements DO NOT apply to REGISTRATION (MN1, UKF, UKM, T), however, the good character requirement applies to adults and children aged 10 years and over.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Registration of UK born children as British - forms MN1 and T

    Children born when neither parent had acquired PR status or been granted ILR before they were born will have to be registered to be British. After registration, they can apply for a British passport.
    On 1 July 2021, new legislation introduced a new Section to the British Nationality Act 1981.

    This new section ensures that certain children born from 1 July 2021 onwards will automatically acquire British citizenship in situations where a parent qualified...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Site Admin; 03-03-2022, 08:18 AM. Reason: Removed the bit about the fees ruled unlawful

  • Referees for children - MN1 registration

    The requirements for referees for children to be registered are as follows:

    Each referee should know the child personally.
    One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
    The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

    What happens if...
    See more | Go to post

  • Registration of children born abroad as British citizens

    Unlike children born in the UK, the fact that a parent later acquires PR or citizenship doesn't allow them to be deemed British from birth and they have no entitlement to register as British in the same way children born in the UK may be able to do.

    This document provides guidance on the registration of children under 18:

    MN1 Guidance

    On page 13, it says the following:

    Although the requirement to have held PR...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ClaudLatina; 29-09-2021, 11:35 AM. Reason: checked

  • Children of British parents - Forms UKF and UKM

    Form UKF

    Form UKF is used for children born before 1 July 2006 to British fathers and whose parents were, and continue to be, unmarried. If the parents got married after the child’s birth, the child should now be able to apply for a passport​ directly without having to register.

    Form UKF guidance

    Online UKF application form

    Form UKM

    Form UKM is used for people born before 1983 to British mothers.

    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ClaudLatina; 29-09-2021, 11:03 AM. Reason: updated links to guidance and application forms
There are no articles in this category.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.