Surinder Singh applications are for family members of British citizens (other than dual EEA/British nationals) who spent time living in another EEA country or Switzerland with their British family member, who could be:

A spouse or civil partner;
A child or grandchild under 21 years old;
A dependent child or grandchild aged 21 years or older; or
A dependent parent or grandparent.