Please support us so we can help others


No announcement yet.

Search Result

45 results in 0.0061 seconds.
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

  • Preparing documents for your UKVCAS appointment

    Sopra Steria, the Home Office's commercial partner is in charge of sending all documents to the Home Office in digital format.

    This means no longer having to send original printed documents to the Home Office with your application.

    Passports are also checked at the appointment, so the original documents do not have to be sent when using these services.

    Sopra Steria handle a variety of applications, and the requirements and documents for...
    See more | Go to post

  • Citizenship application step-by-step

    From January 2021, you can only use a PR card if you haven't been granted settled status. You can still use your PR card to prove you acquired PR status and to show lawful residence when applying with settled status.
    ​ Please refer to this post for an overview of most common issues: Issues, mistakes, errors and ommisions
    Make sure you have PR, ILR or settled status.
    See more | Go to post

  • Spanish nationals and surname certificates

    Recently, the Home Office have started allowing for different names in two different passports if the law of the country of origin is strict and does not allow for the same rules as the UK.

    See: Documents in various names.

    Surnames certificate

    In light of the above, the Spanish consulate now issues a certificate explaining this law in English so you can present it to the HO. There is a fee of £32.75 to pay for this service.
    See more | Go to post

  • Overview of the naturalisation process

    Overview of the naturalisation process

    From January 1st, you can only use your PR card if you haven't been granted settled status

    In order to apply for citizenship, applicants must have ILR, including Settled Status.

    The application submission date is the relevant date for ALL practical purposes, not the biometrics appointment date.

    If you have settled status, you CAN NO LONGER apply with a PR card.

    Step-by-step guide

    See more | Go to post

  • Absences and citizenship applications

    To count how many days you have been absent, only whole days of absence are counted, not the day when you leave the country nor when you return.

    If you download the form in pdf format, it will show the calculation, for each stay and the total.

    See: Downloading a PDF of the AN form.

    Please double-check that the dates you have entered are correct, before submitting the form, it is very easy to make a mistake when...
    See more | Go to post

  • Absences and residence requirements for naturalisation

    Please note the following requirements:

    You need to have been physically present in the UK:
    • 3 years ago on the date you submit your citizenship application if you are married to a British citizen at the time of your application; or
    • 5 years ago if not married to a British citizen.
    The relevant date is defined on page 14 of the Nationality Policy:

    A similar principle would apply to applications on the basis of marriage, where...
    See more | Go to post

  • Booking your language test

    Details about authorized test centres can be found here:

    There are a number of websites out there offering to book language tests, these are usually sites that charge you extra to do something you can do yourself. You must book tests EXCLUSIVELY with the AUTHORISED PROVIDERS listed below.

    At the time of writing, the language test fee is...
    See more | Go to post

  • Lost or missing degree certificates and diplomas

    Lost or missing degree certificates and diplomas

    If you have misplaced your degree certificate, you can prove you have a degree with the following documents:
    • an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award; or
    • an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued.
    The letter must include:
    • your name
    • your degree
    • the date the degree was or will be awarded.
    See more | Go to post

  • Degrees and qualifications

    UK Degrees

    You will have met the language requirement if:
    • You have an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK; or, if awarded outside the UK, is deemed by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK; and
    • You provide the specified evidence to show that they have the qualification and that it was
    See more | Go to post

  • Majority English speaking countries

    Majority English speaking countries

    Nationals of certain countries which are regarded as majority English-speaking countries do not need to to satisfy the English language requirement for naturalisation and do not need to show a formal speaking and listening qualification.

    The following countries are regarded as majority English speakers:
    • Antigua and Barbuda
    • Australia
    • The Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Belize
    • Canada
    • Dominica
    • Grenada
    • Guyana
    • Jamaica
    • New Zealand
    • Republic of Ireland
    • St Kitts and Nevis
    • St Lucia
    • St
    See more | Go to post

  • The language requirement

    The language requirement

    Unless you have a recognised qualification, or are exempt on age or health grounds, you will need to sit the language test.

    You will have to do this even if you:
    • Grew up in the UK
    • Got GCSEs/A levels in the UK
    • Have lived in the UK for decades
    • Have an English language qualification, such as a Cambridge Certificate
    • Work as a translator
    • Teach English
    See if you are exempt:...
    See more | Go to post

  • Exemptions


    People over the age of 65 are exempt from both the LITUK and language tests. There are also exemptions on health grounds.

    If the date of birth provided on the online AN form indicates you are over 65, the questions about the language and Life in the UK requirements will not appear on the form.

    It is still a good idea to write a brief note in your cover letter or further information section of the form, to indicate that, as you are over 65, you are...
    See more | Go to post

  • The good character requirement

    The form asks you to declare any of the following:

    For criminal convictions:

    If you have been arrested and charged with an offence, the following is required

    Civil judgments

    Civil judgments are County Court Judgments (CCJs) and Liability orders for non payment of council tax and other civil penalties.

    For motoring offences and penalties, see:...
    See more | Go to post

  • Ceremony transfers

    If your local council’s next appointment is a long way away, you can transfer your ceremony to another location.

    Contact the nationality team:

    Further Nationality Enquiries contact...
    See more | Go to post

  • Timescale to complete the AN form online

    The form will be kept for a month, then, if you ask to save it, after submitting it you must log in within 10 weeks to download the documents.

    You must return to your application within 10 weeks, or it will be deleted to protect your privacy.

    You can keep your application alive much longer than 10 weeks by logging in regularly, however, if the form is updated, you may be asked to answer some questions again.

    An admin has kept...
    See more | Go to post