Please support us so we can help others


No announcement yet.

Search Result

6 results in 0.0049 seconds.
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

  • Booking your language test

    Details about authorized test centres can be found here:

    There are a number of websites out there offering to book language tests, these are usually sites that charge you extra to do something you can do yourself. You must book tests EXCLUSIVELY with the AUTHORISED PROVIDERS listed below.

    At the time of writing, the language test fee is...
    See more | Go to post

  • Lost or missing degree certificates and diplomas

    Lost or missing degree certificates and diplomas

    If you have misplaced your degree certificate, you can prove you have a degree with the following documents:
    • an original and official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award; or
    • an original and official letter from your university confirming it can’t reissue your certificate or when it will be issued.
    The letter must include:
    • your name
    • your degree
    • the date the degree was or will be awarded.
    See more | Go to post

  • Degrees and qualifications

    UK Degrees

    You will have met the language requirement if:
    • You have an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK; or, if awarded outside the UK, is deemed by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK; and
    • You provide the specified evidence to show that they have the qualification and that it was
    See more | Go to post

  • Majority English speaking countries

    Majority English speaking countries

    Nationals of certain countries which are regarded as majority English-speaking countries do not need to to satisfy the English language requirement for naturalisation and do not need to show a formal speaking and listening qualification.

    The following countries are regarded as majority English speakers:
    • Antigua and Barbuda
    • Australia
    • The Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Belize
    • Canada
    • Dominica
    • Grenada
    • Guyana
    • Jamaica
    • New Zealand
    • Republic of Ireland
    • St Kitts and Nevis
    • St Lucia
    • St
    See more | Go to post

  • The language requirement

    The language requirement

    Unless you have a recognised qualification, or are exempt on age or health grounds, you will need to sit the language test.

    You will have to do this even if you:
    • Grew up in the UK
    • Got GCSEs/A levels in the UK
    • Have lived in the UK for decades
    • Have an English language qualification, such as a Cambridge Certificate
    • Work as a translator
    • Teach English
    See if you are exempt:...
    See more | Go to post

  • Exemptions


    People over the age of 65 are exempt from both the LITUK and language tests. There are also exemptions on health grounds.

    If the date of birth provided on the online AN form indicates you are over 65, the questions about the language and Life in the UK requirements will not appear on the form.

    It is still a good idea to write a brief note in your cover letter or further information section of the form, to indicate that, as you are over 65, you are...
    See more | Go to post