Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
4 results in 0.0050 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• Spanish nationals and surname certificates

Recently, the Home Office have started allowing for different names in two different passports if the law of the country of origin is strict and does not allow for the same rules as the UK.

See: Documents in various names.

Surnames certificate

In light of the above, the Spanish consulate now issues a certificate explaining this law in English so you can present it to the HO. There is a fee of £32.75 to pay for this service.
    See more | Go to post

• Dual nationals and different names on British passport

Dual nationals and different names on British passport

Recently the Home Office have started allowing for different names in two different passports if the law of the country of origin is strict and does not allow for the same rules as the UK.

Here’s the link to the policy (exception noted on page 7): Use of names in passports.

Spanish nationals

In light of this, the Spanish consulate now issues a certificate explaining this law in English so you can present it to the...
    See more | Go to post

• Cover letter

A covering letter is not mandatory but desirable. Our lawyers always include a covering letter with every application.

The cover letter is a document you have to type yourself in Word or a similar program and upload with the rest of supporting documents, it's not part of the AN form nor provided with the form.

The letter is useful to explain things such as:
    • That your absence/trips listing is to the best of your recollection.
    • If you have
    See more | Go to post

• Greek and Cyrillic names, umlauts and hyphens in names

Greek and Cyrillic names, umlauts and hyphens in names

Greek and Cyrillic names

I am a dual national and have different spelling on my surname on each passport. I will submit both passports with a note, in a few of my bills I had to use the other passport. Is this enough proof? And in case of misspellings, is a note enough?

This is common when dealing with translations from a Greek or Cyrillic script. Explain briefly, literally one sentence, then pick whichever spelling you prefer for the form and use that...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X