Please support us so we can help others


No announcement yet.

Search Result

3 results in 0.0026 seconds.
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

  • Referees for children - MN1 registration

    The requirements for referees for children to be registered are as follows:

    Each referee should know the child personally.
    One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
    The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

    What happens if...
    See more | Go to post

  • Registration of UK born children as British - forms MN1 and T

    Children born when neither parent had acquired PR status or been granted ILR before they were born will have to be registered to be British. After registration, they can apply for a British passport.
    On 1 July 2021, new legislation introduced a new Section to the British Nationality Act 1981.

    This new section ensures that certain children born from 1 July 2021 onwards will automatically acquire British citizenship in situations where a parent qualified...
    See more | Go to post

  • Registration of children born abroad as British citizens

    Unlike children born in the UK, the fact that a parent later acquires PR or citizenship doesn't allow them to be deemed British from birth and they have no entitlement to register as British in the same way children born in the UK may be able to do.

    This document provides guidance on the registration of children under 18:

    MN1 Guidance

    On page 13, it says the following:

    Although the requirement to have held PR...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ClaudLatina; 29-09-2021, 11:35 AM. Reason: checked